Behind the Cork™ Wine of the Week

2014 Charles & Charles Cabernet Sauvignon & Syrah ($12)

This red blend from Washington State's Columbia Valley is another from Charles Smith, this time in collaboration with Charles Bieler. Although having the requisite 75% of Cabernet Sauvignon to be labeled as Cabernet Sauvignon, this pair has chosen to identify both the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Syrah (the other 25%) on the label. They describe it as "...bringing together the structure and dense black currant flavors of Cabernet Sauvignon and the sumptuous dark fruit and spice of whole cluster Syrah."  This is a big and bold red that is very nicely done and a great value. Enjoy a glass with some bold cheeses, BBQ or a steak.